Friday, August 20, 2010

New Town, New House, and Teeth!

It's been a long summer...sorry it's taken so long to get this thing updated! We moved to a new house and a new town and are just now getting our feet under us. Charlie LOVES his new room!
Daddy and Nana (Rick's mom) painted the room - green on the bottom, a white chair rail, and then blue on the upper walls and ceilings. I promise to get some better pictures of the room uploaded soon! Daddy also thought it appropriate, in keeping with the explorer theme, to get Charlie a giant map of the world for his floor. As you can see, Charlie loves that, too.
Charlie has had a wonderful summer. He is eating very well (we switched to formula a few weeks ago - I was nervous about how he would adjust, but he didn't even notice!) and continues to sleep through the night. A few nights this week he woke up and was inconsolable, which is very unusual for him. Turns out, he's got two teeth! His two middle teeth on the bottom have officially erupted! He slept like a baby last night after we discovered his teeth!
This picture is from a study we took part in at KU. I work with a couple whose daughter is researching speech in infants and Charlie was one of her case studies! The thing on his forehead is a sensor. They put him in a room with cameras that recorded the sensor's movement. Charlie was talking up a storm and I'm told he generated lots of good data. Yay Charlie!
Love this picture...he was sitting up in the cart, but slowly sank down into a laying position. I finally pulled his legs out of the leg-holes and drapped them over the side. He was asleep within minutes!
I don't think either of us could have ever imagined the wonder and joy we would experience in our son. Rick and I both got to be home with him this summer and it was absolutely wonderful. Now that we are both back at school, Charlie is staying with GiGi (my mom) three days a week and Nana (Rick's mom) two days a week. I am struggling some with being back at work, but knowing he's with his grandmas is helpful!

I promise to post some pictures of Charlie's new room soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment