Monday, August 13, 2012

The Circus!

The circus was in town this last weekend.  I wanted to go but didn't think we should spend the money, and to be honest, I didn't think Charlie would sit through it.  But when Papa called and offered to treat us, we decided to go!
We got there early enough to see them bring out Duchess, one of three elephants in the circus.  Charlie was a little freaked at first and held on to me very tightly, but he gradually loosened up.
The first half was just over an hour and he sat through the whole thing.  I mean it - the whole thing.  He cheered, clapped, waved bye-bye to the acts as they left - he LOVED it!
 I was prepared to leave at intermission, but he said he wanted to stay, so we stayed for the whole rest of the show!  It had elephants, horses, camels, dogs, fire-jugglers trapeze artists, acrobats, motor cyclists, contortionists - you name it.  I wasn't expecting to be entertained, but I was!  It was great!
We were so proud of Charlie for being such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment