Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Few Hiccups...

 
The last several weeks have been FULL of ups and downs.  This post will tell you in detail about my hospital stay, and you can continue reading on my blog about the specifics of our plight, but if you'd rather have the shorter, more condensed version, here it is:
  • Wednesday, September 5th - sonogram which indicated a low AFI (Amniotic Fluid Index), so low, in fact, that I was sent to labor and delivery where I was admited while they determined whether or not my water had broken.  They scheduled me to see a specialist.
  • Monday, September 10th - appointment with the specialist.  AFI was still low but the doctor believed I could go home on bed rest.
  • Since then - I have been to the doctor multiple times, and we are now seeing the specialist and my OB each on Tuesdays.  My level continues to be low, but the baby looks GREAT!  Right now, the plan is to try to make it to 37 weeks, which would be around October 25th.
So I have been off work since September 6th and will be for the duration of my pregnancy, and then for at least 8 weeks of maternity.  I have great people covering for me at work, and even though I will have depleted my stored sick leave by the end of this week, I have a disability policy in place that will cover my income for the unpaid portion I will miss.  On top of that, we have wonderful friends from church bringing us meals, folks from school chipped in to help us buy groceries and food from restaurants, and we have many many people praying for us.  We are very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment