I preparation for Thanksgiving, I ordered these adorable Thanksgiving shirts from here. (The extra was for cousin Emma!) I was very excited about putting the kids in these and getting their pictures. But my son, who hates to have his picture taken, was less than cooperative, to put it nicely.
Out of probably 50 pictures, these were the best shots I got. Rick got this one with his camera, which we ultimately settled for:
Unfortunately, Charlie isn't too interested in his sister. Every time she touched him he would say "ow!" I'm not sure if this is purely attention-seeking behavior, or if he really doesn't like her. :( Hoping he changes his tune soon!
We spent the morning at home and then Daddy, Mommy, and Charlie headed to Papa and Nana's. Lucy stayed home with Gigi and Pepa. (We considered bringing her and keeping her in the back room, but with almost 20 people and all their germs, and Gigi and Pepa's offer to watch her for us, we opted to keep her home.) Charlie had a great time with his cousins, and if you look closely you'll see that he's actually eating food off his plate! A great day to start eating food. :)
We are settling in to our new lives as a family of four. Charlie is getting used to having a sister (though he's still not very interested), and we are getting used to having two. It's hard keeping Lucy at home all the time, but it's what is best for her, so we are happy to do it! A huge thank you to grandparents for helping us with this part! I head back to school on Monday, December 3rd, and they are going to be watching Lucy for us while I'm at work. We can't thank you enough!
And, just for fun, here are a few flashbacks of Charlie's former Thanksgivings:
![]() |
| Thanksgiving 2010 |
| Thanksgiving 2011 |




No comments:
Post a Comment