Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lucy's First Birthday!

Our sweet little Miss Lucy turned one on October 3rd.  We went to dinner with the grandparents at Red Robin, which has become a tradition with the kids on their birthdays.  Here's a picture of Miss Lucy enjoying her delicious first birthday treat:
Awwwwwwwwww.
For her birthday party, we made online invitations:
 We had such a wonderful time celebrating Lucy's first birthday!  She is such a special girl.  We borrowed the decorations from cousin Emma's party, and they were wonderful!

Grandma made the cake.  She said that when she was young, she wanted to open a bakery and make cakes.  I had no idea, but I was thrilled to discover this, because it meant I could ask her to make the cake and not feel like it was a huge imposition.  I told her the colors were hot pink, orange, and yellow, and that the theme was "You Are My Sunshine."  I let her run with it.  And look!

We had a lovely soup lunch. Rick's grandmother made a pot of chicken noodle soup.  It was SOOOO delicious.  We made our standard black bean soup and veggie beef soup, and then Rick made a pot of chili.  Mom and Dad brought rolls, and Rick's other grandmother made a salad.  It was perfect.

Lucy has so many special people who love her!  A huge thank you to all who came and helped celebrate her first birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment