Thursday, June 18, 2009

10 Weeks, 5 Years!

Tomorrow, June 19th, 2009, is our 5th wedding anniversary. Who would have thought Rick and I would be punctuating our fifth year of marriage with a baby? Not us! ;)

I will be ten weeks this Sunday (Jun 21) and I go to the doctor next week for my second appointment. I have a list of questions, but the one I most want answered is when exactly my doctor will schedule the ultrasound that will tell us whether we're having a boy or a girl. I've heard stories of people who have gone at 16 weeks and some who have gone at 20. Weeks 16-20 are in the month of August, so as far as I can guess, we should know by the time that month is up! I don't really have an inkling one way or another, but I tried a home remedy (thanks, Melissa) where you add bleach to your pee. If it fizzes, it's a girl, and if it foams, it's a boy. Mine not only foamed--it foamed OVER! Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure until the ultrasound. I guess we'll have to wait until then!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in my office laughing out loud at your home remedy. I have never HEARD that at all....

    Wheww....

    We didn't know until they were born...and with the two girls I was glad about that. Ignorance was bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, um, what's the diff. between foaming and fizzing? And if it foamed over, are you sure there's just one baby in there??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you guys still want 3 boys like you did in high school?

    ReplyDelete