When we found out for sure that it was a girl, we decided to go with:
Lucy
I have always loved this name (and, like Charlie, I have never taught a Lucy in class). It may have something to do with the fact that my favorite book series is The Chronicles of Narnia which stars a protagonist named Lucy. I remember talking about this name in high school (yes, we were that couple in high school who talked about what their kids' names would be), and once our son became obsessed with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and started running around saying, "I want Lucy, Mommy," we decided it was official - Lucy she would be. I'm sure some people will think of Peanuts, but we didn't until after our name was decided.The middle name was more challenging. Since Stones is one syllable, I at first wanted to go with a two-syllable middle name, like Charles Lawrence. Rick didn't really share this view, but we both agreed that we wanted the middle name to be a family one. We came up with a few, but we ended up picking Rick's Nana's name:


Yay!!!! Love that name, & the story behind it.
ReplyDeleteLove the name you picked! :)
ReplyDelete