Christmas was wonderful. Having an almost/newly-turned 3-year-old made for much more excitement this Christmas, since he began to understand what Christmas means. Here are the three big questions we focused on this year:
- Whose birthday is on Christmas?
- Who is Jesus' mommy?
- Who is Jesus' daddy?
(note
this post - "Jesus' " is correct :)
He occasionally answered "Mary" for #3, but I think he got the picture. I could write a ton about what happened this Christmas, but instead I've made a list:
Christmas brunch at the Country Club. This is always a fun thing to do before Christmas. We missed Grandma, Daddy, and Lucy, but they will be there next year!
 |
| Thanks to our friend Owen for loaning us the outfit! |
 |
| Eating the cookie he decorated |
The tacky Christmas sweater party. Need I say more?
 |
| I bought these matching sweaters from a Facebook group - $10 total! |
Christmas with my family. It was so strange this year without my
brother. It's the first Christmas we have spent apart, and I didn't
like it. But, with two premie babies, there was simply no way we could
make it work. We were able to Face Time, but it wasn't the same.
Charlie enjoyed it, though!
 |
| Thomas! |
 |
| Uncle Alex MADE this! Can you believe it??? |
Taking our baby girl to Christmas. This was my favorite part of Christmas this year. She has been shut up in the
house since October 22, leaving only for doctor's office visits and an
occasional trip to Gigi's or Grandma's. It was so wonderful to have her
out! We didn't make it to the Shane Family Christmas, but we will try for next year!
 |
| Christmas Eve with Mommy - doesn't she look adorable in her Christmas dress? (Thanks Gigi!) |
 |
| Christmas Eve with her cousins |
|
|
 |
| Isn't she precious? |
Christmas morning at our house. This
is the first year we have done a family Christmas. We read the
Christmas story from Charlie's Bible
and prayed. One of the most exciting things for me this Christmas is that Charlie
has begun to pray on his own. In my family, we always pray before
opening gifts. It's one of my favorite times of year. So on Christmas
morning, Charlie thanked God for:
- Mommy and Daddy
- Cheerios
- Presents
:) I got him a Thomas book, a Curious George book, dinosaur
puzzles, and a Thomas shirt. I put a white "C" on all his and made him
find them under the tree.
 |
| Finding and opening his gifts! |
Christmas morning at the in-laws. My mother-in-law made us breakfast and we had a great time opening gifts with the kids.
 |
| Isn't this insane? And this wasn't even all the gifts! |
 |
| The kiddos on Christmas morning, all in the Christmas jammies Grandma gave them at Thanksgiving. |
 |
| Me trying to convince Charlie of how cool this big boy underwear is! |
My gift to Rick. No one needs a break more than this guy! After the semester he had, I knew what he would appreciate most was a night away. So we left the kids with my parents (thanks Mom and Dad!) and headed to KC. We shopped, ate too much, saw
Quiet Corral, and had a full night's sleep. It was a blast.
 |
| Quiet Corral at the Riot Room in KC. Late show, but totally worth it. |
Rick's gift to me. Rick bought me a Kindle, and then he gave me the cover to go with it Christmas morning. I love Vera Bradley, but the stuff is so expensive that I never buy it. I did, however, select Lime's Up as my favorite new pattern. Rick went on the site, found the one he thought I'd like best, and bought it. Lime's Up, without even asking. Was he made for me or what?
My baby turned 3. It's so hard to believe that three years ago we were bringing him home from the hospital. He is so precious.
 |
| With the book he got from Grandma and the stuffed"Cat the Hat" (as he calls it) from Gigi |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Celebrating with the grandparents! |
 |
| We had a birthday party with Uncle Ron |
 |
| Over the Hill! :) |
 |
| And, of course, Lucy had to represent. Any time we're in my uncle's presence my kids are decked out in KU gear, courtesy of Daddy :) |
 |
| Charlie with my cousins :) |
Christmas with grandparents. We had a great time with Great-Papa, Papa-Marge, Patty, and Great-Grandpa!
 |
| With Grandma :) |
 |
| At Great-Papa & Papa-Marge's house with his new super cool remote control car! |
 |
| Lucy and me at Grandpa Harold & Patty's house |
We also made it down to Pratt to visit my grandpa and my mom's brother's family. I don't have any pictures, but it was a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment