Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to School!

It's back to school time for our family.  The notable exception to this, for the first time in SIX YEARS, was Daddy.  He's working full time and is taking a break from Masters classes this semester.

Charlie started preschool.  It has been so much fun to see him go to school like big kids, do weather, line leader, pledge of allegiance, library time - has LOVED IT!  Each morning when he wakes up, the first thing he says is, "Mommy, are we going to preschool today?"  It's wonderful.  He comes home with crafts and projects and pictures, and he is clearly having a wonderful time!  I don't have a picture of him (which, after seeing all the cute pinteresty-pictures friends were posting of their kids' first days, I wish I had taken!).  But he is LOVING it, and we are loving them.  We pray for his friends and teachers every night before bed.

Lucy has been splitting her time between Grandma and Gigi.  She loves being with these ladies!  They are so wonderful to help out with her!  Thank you so much again!  And here's a picture of of Lucy from Sunday.  Such a sweet, adorable little girl!

I headed back to school with some mixed emotions.  I really had a terrible year last year.  I was gone for three months, missing out on a CRUCIAL time with my students, I had a rough batch of kids, and to be frank, I was feeling pretty burnt out.  But I am looking forward to a new school year.  I am, of course, sad to be away from my kiddos. We had such a great summer together.  But I am excited for them to be getting new experiences which I can't give them myself.

And we celebrated our last weekend by going for a round of mini-golf at the place I worked at all through high school and college.  It was great family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment